Who needs a Rate Confirmation form?
This form is used by the American Transport company. It’s completed by the cargo’s carrier to determine the transportation rate and details of the cargo’s delivery.
What is the purpose of the Rate Confirmation form?
This form provides the details about the shipper, consignee, the place where the cargo is picked up and description of the cargo. The confirmation form is completed by the carrier and sent back to the customer. By signing this form, the carrier agrees upon all the terms of the delivery process.
The carrier will be fined for late pickup and delivery. The carrier should also keep in mind that any re-brokering of this load will result in non-payment.
What other documents must accompany the Rate Confirmation form?
The Confirmation form is usually accompanied by Invoice or Bill of Lading.
When is the Confirmation form due?
The Confirmation form is completed and signed before the cargo is loaded. The estimated time for completing the form is ten minutes.
What information should be provided in the Confirmation form?
- The carrier has to provide the following details:
- Information about the shipper (name, address, pickup date/time)
- Information about the consignee (name, address, delivery appointment)
- Details of the “Quick Pay” program
- Stop/Pickup city or state
- Additional information
- Information about the commodity (name, weight, rate to carrier)
- Accessorials (description and carrier pay)
- Information about the carrier (name, phone, fax, carrier number or clearance number
- American Transport dispatching terminal information (phone, fax, contact)
- The carrier should also sign this Confirmation form.
What do I do with the Confirmation form after its completion?
The completed form is forwarded to American Transport, Inc. 100 Industry Drive, Pittsburgh, PA.